Thursday, July 10, 2008

My Girlfriend Emily


Well, Emily went home yesterday. That was not a happy thing. BUT, a couple days before she left, we made a wonderful change in our relationship...

I've liked her for quite a while, despite not getting to see her for 7 months :-( But absence does indeed make the heart grow fonder. I was unsure, but had my strong suspicions, whether Emily reciprocated my feelings for her. While we were coming back from the beach one evening, I was walking, she was cuddled up riding piggy back. We had just had a conversation that involved me beating around the bush needling her to find out where her head was at...and sounding like a goof :-P On the way back, because I had made myself completely obvious, Emily said, "I like you, boy-o." My heart quicked, and I don't think it was just because I was carrying her :-) So after clarifying what sort of "like" she was referring too, 'cause I'm cautious, we both knew without a shadow of a doubt that we really like each other. And that's how Emily beacame my girlfriend.
Up top is a picture of me and my Amazon. She calls me her Roman Gladiator :-P

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so happy for you! There's nothing better in this whole world than someone that makes you happy and that you make happy too. Being a 'we' is the BEST!

I really enjoyed meeting her, and I just love how down-to earth she is.

:)

McMom said...

You guys are so cute together! She is a real sweetie and I think it is really great that you were/are such close friends first!

You are still young but friendship is the best foundation for a relationship!

I Love You Pooky Bear!!!

Cletus said...

She's the best, that's just all there is to it :-P