Saturday, July 19, 2008

Freaking and Geeking in E-burg

I left Spokane today and am now in Ellensburg, land o' my birth. It's always nice coming here, just because I know it's home. It's like something that I know is mine, I've just not been allowed to have it for all these years, only little tastes here and there. Today my uncle-might-as-well-be-brother took me for a bike ride around town. It's so frustrating that even though I was born here, I've never really just been let loose to run around and explore the place. After running around and working up a bit of a sweat, Sean took me to the FRIGID river and we went floating. That was fun. Just the kind of rednecky sort of thing life has deprived me of thus far. One of these days, I'm going to move back here, no kidding. I'm so sick of moving! But I digress...
After a nice brisk drift down the river, we went for another one of our "geeking and freaking" rides in Sean's truck: this is where we grab some cds (usually Radiohead) and crank it up, talking about our favorite parts of the songs, how amazing the band is, etc, etc. That's the "geeking" part. The "freaking" part is where Sean and I freak my brother Michael out (because he came too, he had no choice really. It was either freak at our geeking or sit home alone for awhile) with our rocking out in our seats and singing along with Thom Yorke's odd voice :-P So that was fun. I'm really loving hanging out with Sean and I'm having just a really good time :-) That's all for now! Post ya later! -McCletus

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That sounds like a killer day.

One day Michael will look back and love the memories.

Cletus said...

I bet he will. He already enjoys recalling it and making fun of us lol :-P