Thursday, June 19, 2008

School's Out! / "Juno" Review

School is indeed out! I felt so great about the last day, that I wore a tie. I also toted my guitar around school, so that was fun. My fingers are now cut like an emo kid though. But, finally, after about 10 months of hard work, it's over. Now for a nice full summer:-)
In the 8 or so hours I had home alone (the rest of the family was in Seattle, taking my brother to the airport), a friend told me of a website on which I could watch movies in their entirety. She's been recommending "Juno", and I've been wanting to see it, so I went to said website, and watched it.
I had been told that "Juno" was a pro-abortion movie, and because of that I wasn't allowed to see it (don't worry, that's all cleared up). But that was by people who hadn't seen it. My friends who had told me about the movie had seen it, so I was more inclined to listen to them. It turned out to not be any kind of pro-abortion deal after all. If anything, it was the opposite, making the abortion clinic look pretty scary. I'm not going to spoil it for those of you who haven't seen it, but it was an overall great movie. There was quite a bit of language scattered here and there, so that was unnecessary, the teenage characters (mainly Juno's best friend) cracked a good number of dirty jokes, and, obviously, there was some teen sex involved. But, it was funny, and it did not have an evil agenda behind it. I loved it, I thought it was sonderful. Peace!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL emo fingers. Which guitar did u take?

Juno was good. I'm glad you got to see it.

So, now you are a JUUUUNIOHHHHHH, but you'll be in college.........

what does that make you?

Cletus said...

I took Sylar, the electric guitar. He's smaller than The Axe so he was the most portable. I did like Juno :-) Hmmm...I guess I'm a Fresh Junior now: a Freshman in college and a Junior is high school. OR, since technically I'm higher than high school Seniors (they're in high school still), I suppose I would be a...an Elder. You can't get much older than "elder", so next year I guess I'll be "corpse", or, preferably, "angel". "Corpse" sounds too emo.