Sunday, August 10, 2008

Family Reunion

Yesterday was the reunion of my late Great Grandpa Dick's family. I had never met them before, and they were all really nice. As soon as I looked around at all the men, I said to Dad, "They all look like Grandpa!" No kidding, the family resemblance was mind-bendingly obvious. All of them were really nice. We had a good time visiting and eating :-) Sean and Jackie were there too, which was because, while all the extended family were very nice and friendly, they were all old, the youngest ones were probably early seventies hahaha. I brought my guitar with me, so Sean and I took turns playing. Unfortunately, while Sean was retuning for one of his songs, the highest string broke. But, we made do. One goofy moment was when Sean and I were sitting in a gazebo playing and talking with some of the family. Max Kell was talking about how he heard about a gal who figured out that if she stopped buying Starbucks lattes all the time, she had extra money left over. I thought I'd contribute, so I said "Hmm, imagine that!" Max and the others burst out laughing like it was the most hilarious thing they had ever heard in they're entire lives O_O Sean and I looked at each other like "What on Earth??" That was kind of weird :-) But we had fun.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That sounds awesome. I miss your GGpa, he was a wonderful man. I'm glad you get to hang out with your folks while you are all young but old enough to really enjoy each other. This is the GOOD stuff. Enjoy it.

:)